Reputation.ca Staff Writer
As Reputation.ca’s Staff Writer, you will play an important role to help individuals and businesses repair and strengthen their online reputations.
You will be responsible for drafting quality content in a consistent and efficient manner. You must be able to use your time effectively to research article topics and write on topics in an engaging, knowledgeable and journalistic manner. This is VERY important. You must have a basic understanding of keywords and hyperlinking and must be well organized.
Our clients come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and not one solution works for all. Your ability to research article topics in an effective manner and distill information into clear, engaging content will be the key to your success in this position.
We are currently looking for someone to join our team and handle this important role.
You must be willing to work from home using our cloud-based collaboration platform. In addition, applicants should have completed a college or university degree in Journalism, Literature, Psychology, or a similar degree requiring extensive writing. Interested applicants should only apply if they have experience writing professionally, ideally in a journalistic setting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject (English, Literature, Psychology etc.).
- 4 to 10 years experience in a writing, blogging and/or content development role.
- Excellent web researching skills.
- Working knowledge of general marketing principles and project management best practices preferred.
- Strong communication skills, including listening, writing, speaking, presenting and influencing.
- Time management and organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects and manage conflicting priorities.
- An experienced writer who has worked for or made contributions to major Canadian or American media sources, such as The Star, National Post, Globe and Mail, The Huffington Post, The New York Times.
- Has connections within the Canadian and American media.
- French language skills.